March 01, 2011

8 weeks going on 2 Months

Hard to believe - today is someone's 8 week birthday, and come Friday it will be his 2 month birthday. A good excuse for cake I think (for us, not for him yet of course :) ).

The "birthday boy", in the arms of his Grandma Gina 
     


It is hard to believe that not too long ago, we were racing around the various floors of the Grace Maternity Hospital, with our final journey into the OR for a last minute c-section. I will always remember that particular event - having Joel passed to me, otherwise being the first non-medical person to hold him.To borrow from a Supersonic song "Closing Time" - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. So true in that within a single instant, the pregnancy phase of my wife's and my life ended the new life of parenting for the both of us truly became a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment