June 10, 2011

Home is where the heart is.

It's been far too long since my last post - it's almost embarrassing.

Joel and his Mom are "out west" for the week (and much of last) visiting her side of the family. It's not that I didn't want to go, but due to leave requirements, money, and a few last minute surprises it turned out best I stay home.

As much as there was some novelty at being a "bachelor" again, that novelty wears off quickly. Not hearing someone's laugh, not sharing thoughts with someone, and not having someone's touch (outside of work - especially that last one ;) ) soon occupies one's thoughts constantly - and that description applies regardless of the other's age.

For Joel though, I am honestly glad he is getting that experience, and that my extended family is getting that experience as well. I may live daily in Cole Harbour, NS but my home and heart are out past the Hundredth Meridian at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment