February 14, 2011

Parenting Headache

Sorry for the silence. I was off getting a craniotomy. My doctor managed to get 3 of 3 meningioma (not a complete surprise - we've been tracking them for the last 10 years). Thankfully though my hospital stay was brief - in on a Wed morning, and then discharged that Friday. I have staples in my head which should be out within a week, but I am good otherwise; got some headaches, but nothing Extra-Strength Tylenol can't handle . I can expect to be off work for about a month.

Most painful part was being away from Joel. Thankfully my mother in law flew in from Regina, SK to help my wife with things, but it was tough not seeing the smiles nor dealing the touch of one's new born. Even though I was only away for about 3 days, seeing him again I did notice changes in him - mostly his gain in weight (8lbs 13oz as of  Thurs, Feb 10.

That's about it for now. Slew of events over the next few weeks, but I'll keep quiet about them for now (need blogging material ;) ). Until next time, may your diaper stay dry ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment